Veterans Film Festival is an annual event that puts the spotlight real or imagined genre stories about warfare and its influence on society.
All films submitted to the official competition are eligible to compete for the coveted Red Poppy Awards, inspired by the poem ‘In Flanders Field’. In 2016, female filmmakers won 67% of the awards.
Red Poppy Award for Best Feature Film
Red Poppy Award for Best Feature Film
Red Poppy Award for Best Short Film
Other Veterans Film Festival Awards
– Best Animation
– Best Female Actor
– Best Male Actor
– Best Music/Sound
– Best Student Filmmaker Award
The Veterans Film Festival (VFF) is an annual event that puts the spotlight on stories about veterans’, their families, first responders and real or imagined genre stories about warfare and its influence on society.
Terms and Conditions
1. All filmmakers submitting a film to the Veterans Film Festival (hereafter known as ‘Veterans’, ‘We’, ‘Us’ and ‘Our’), accept and agree to comply with the following Terms and Conditions. The Veterans is open to filmmakers, including serving and exserving defence personnel of all ages, abilities from across the globe – from first-timers to veteran directors and producers.
2. Veterans only accepts online registrations and submissions to be assessed. We accept films in any language… However, films not made in English must have English subtitles.
3. The person submitting a film to Veterans is ‘You’ or ‘Your’ and You agree that Your film may be screened at Veterans Film Festival if it is selected.
4. All submission fees are non refundable.
5. Student and Young Filmmaker category entrants must be registered in a recognised university, college, high school, middle school or elementary school with proof of ID from the institution to qualify for the relevant fees.
These entrants must supply the following:
1. Your Student ID
2. Name of school, college or university
3. Name of Your Course
4. Lecture or teacher
5. Email of lecturer or teacher
6. How to Submit
– Complete and submit Your online submission form
– Pay relevant Submission fee
– Films must be submitted via an online platform
Student and Young Filmmaker category entrants must be registered in a recognised film school, university, college, high school, middle school or elementary school with proof of ID from the institution to qualify for the relevant fees.
You must supply the following:
– Your Student ID
– Name of school, college or university
– Name of Your Course
– Lecture or teacher
– Email of lecturer or teacher
7. Applicant must supply:
– Production credits and contact details
– 5 Photos for promotional purposes, no smaller than 1024 x 576 pixels
– Media pack for promotional use by Veterans
– Film Poster (Optional)
– A short trailer of the film (Optional)
8. All films will be accepted and assessed with the view to screening them at a Veterans event. All films included in the Official Selection will be screened at a cinema venue.
9. Cinema screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of Veterans. We undertake to make every effort to adhere to the published schedule program, however, Veterans reserves the right to alter this schedule and venue at any time for any reason. Veterans does not accept any liability for any costs claimed to arise as a result of a change in the scheduling.
10. Awards may be presented during the festival at the discretion of the organisers and the Jury Panel. All awards will be listed on our website.
11. By submitting a film, You grant us the right to screen Your film, copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof, up to one (1) minute of the film submission. We may also use Your submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by You to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote Veterans, events, its products and services, or all, and to showcase Your film.
12. You own the copyright to Your film as its author and represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of Veterans and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions we need to use Your film and You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
13. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to Veterans and its curation and all related events. We take no responsibility for the information supplied by filmmakers to the VFF.
14. You indemnify and hold harmless Veterans from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.
For further information contact Veterans Film Festival: firstname.lastname@example.org
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
Tom Papas — Festival Director
Tom Papa — Festival Director
Phone: +61 407295520
Вы представитель фестиваля?
Редактируйте информацию о фестивале самостоятельноSign up
Feature Film (over 40 minutes).
Short Film (40 minutes or less).