Juree aims to uncover new talents in the field of storytelling by focusing on developing and launching the careers of Asian storytellers on a global stage, and celebrate the power of storytelling by awarding talents through the merits of their work.
● To qualify, the film must meet two of the three following standards:
– The Director is Asian
– The Executive Producer and/or Producer and/or Screenwriter must be an asian
– At least 70% of the film was shot in Asia
● Submissions must be completed after 1st January 2020 till present.
● To join this competition, you are required to submit your entry from 14 Sep onwards.
● Film submission period for the open call is from 15 Sep – 15 Oct 2022.
● Films can be released theatrically or available online (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo) prior to competition.
● Films can be from all genres: fiction, documentary, animation or others.
● Films can be presented in their original native language/dialect. Non-English
language films are recommended to have English-language subtitles hard-burned in the video or provided in .srt format with the original copy (if you don’t have it, write to us).
● Viddsee does not accept works in progress or trailers.
● Duration of films must be no longer than 30 minutes (including end credits).
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
Ryohei Tsutsui - Japanese film producer
Chang Chih-Wei - Taiwanese filmmaker and festival programmer
Ratchapoom Boonbunchachoke - Thai writer-director
Dian Herdiany - Founder of Kampung Halaman Foundation and Indonesian producer
Quark Henares - Philippines writer and director
Kenny Tan - Viddsee Studios Executive Producer