The festival offers various thematic sessions and parallel activities and the international, lusophony and youth competition. The Festival annually receives more than 500 documentaries about environmental issues from more than 30 countries. Around 50 of them are selected for the contest.
The Festival pursuits to attract new audiences, sensitizing them to the cinema, its history and its esthetics. In 2006 the Festival received the National Prize for the Environment of the Portuguese Confederation of Associations of Environmental Defense. The Festival is currently a founding member of the Association of Environment Film Festival (EFFN - Environmental Film Festival Network), and performs several extensions throughout the country during the year.
- International Competition of Long and Medium-length films (Not inferior to 40’);
- International Competition of Short-length films, series and TV reports;
- Lusophone Competition Long, Medium and Short-length films, that includes a Regional Competition;
- (National and International) Competition of documentaries, series and reports, produced by TV channels, in the environmental subject.
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION LONG
- Big Award Environment worth 2.000€ (two thousand euros) assigned to the play that is considered the best among all the present in the International Competition, that includes Long and Medium-length films (more than 40’)
- Environmental Anthropology Award, worth €500 (five hundred euros) assigned to the play that (between long and medium-length international films) best deals the theme of environmental anthropology among all the present in the International Competition.
- Environmental Education Award worth €500 (Five hundred euros) about the play that (between long and medium-length international films) best deals the didactic-scientific view of the environmental theme.
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION SHORT AND TELEVISION
- Short Film Award, worth 500€ (Five hundred euros) assigned to the short film that is considered the best short-length film among all the present in the International Competition.
- Television Award, worth 500€ (Five hundred euros), assigned to the play that is considered the best in the Documentary category, series or TV report among all the present in the International Competition.
- Camacho Costa/Lusophone Award worth €1.000 (one thousand euros) assigned to the play that is considered the best among all the present in the Lusophone Competition (Long, Medium or Short-length films).
- Regional Overview Award worth €500 (Five hundred euros) assigned to a play produced in the Serra da Estrela region that best promotes the local environmental themes.
ALL THE SECTIONS
- Youth Short Award and Youth Long Award assigned to the plays of all the sections that best reflect the interests and the environmental concerns of young people.
- If the jury so understands, it may assign Honourable Mentions.
- The assigned awards will be accompanied with a trophy “Campânula” and a Certificate.
- All the woks submitted should been realized after 1st January 2017.
- Documentaries, series and TV reports.
- Subtitles language: English
- The enrolment of the works to contest should be made online on the website or via Festhome or MoviBeta systems.
- Whatever the delivery option of the films, send a printed and signed copy of your registration form and of your authorization, to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you choose to do your registration on the CineEco website, you should send, until 1st of July, the following data:
- A Copy/Confirmation of your online registration form
- A Copy of the film by sending the internet link (vimeo), or an online file-transferring platform (wetransfer, dropbox or airbridge).
Screening Media Type: DCP, Video: .mov ou .mp4, 1080p (1920X1080), codec h264, 25fr/seg. - Audio: stereo, 16Bits, 48Khz.
No premiere requirement