Years running: 5 (since 2019)
International Film Festival with films about food and drink.
In the ancient Greek myths, ambrosia is the food or drink of the Greek gods, conferring longevity or immortality upon whoever consumed it. It was with ambrosia Hera «cleansed all defilement from her lovely flesh», and with ambrosia Athena prepared Penelope in her sleep, so that when she appeared for the final time before her suitors, the effects of years had been stripped away, and they were inflamed with passion at the sight of her.
The consumption of ambrosia was typically reserved for divine beings. In the Odyssey and the Iliad, Homer uses the word ambrosia for three things: the food of the Olympians, a salve used to treat corpses, and as a perfume to cover up the smell of uncured seal skins. Regardless of all this confusion, the word is now used metaphorically to mean anything so fragrant, so delicious that it seems divine «delightful food and drink«.
Food and drink is a necessity of life, right? We are what we eat – mentally, physically, emotionally, and even spiritually. We live in a world of extremes with food starvation on one side to gluttony on the other. And yet there are those who live with abundance at their fingertips and the means to healthy and delicious meals yet chose to feast on empty nutrition. Small things can and do bring joy. Foodie loves both the simplicity and complexity of food and drink, respects food, eats mindfully, give thanks for every bite or sip, curious to know how food is prepared, preserved, and planted, always on the lookout to learn, grow, share, and serve.
Ambrosia Food & Drink Film Festival solely dedicated to films focused on food and drink, as well as those films, where food and drink is an important part of the synopsis (or may be for one memorable scene). We admit short and feature films, animation, documentary, web series, music video, how-to cooking and recipe video and commercials with, or about food/drink, cuisine, cooking, baking, restaurants, cafes, pubs, eating, drinking, tasting and/or meals, wine, tea, coffee and soft drinks, delicious dishes from upmarket restaurant with famous chef, fast food, vegetarian food, healthy food, simple food and street food.
Not all creators of food and drink films are necessarily the professionals, who work in the movies industry or on television. This is just a hobby for the majority of contestants. However, this does not mean that their films are worse. The original story that is told in the film plays a far more important role than its budget or the awards of its creator. You can make a good film even if you do not have a large budget, stellar cast and a large production team. You hold the keys to the kingdom. Go ahead!
Please read these rules & regulations for submission very carefully PRIOR to submitting your film for consideration. By submitting your film to Ambrosia Food & Drink Film Festival, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these conditions.
1. All Films must be about food or drink. If there is no food or drink (not even 1 second), the films will not be taken into consideration.
2. All entries must be in English (official language of festival) or — SUBTITLED, DUBBED, regardless of the country of production, unless special arrangements have been made with festival.
3. We accept films only from authors or their authorized representatives who have the written permission from the author. All video, soundtrack, texts and music used in the film should not violate the copyright law. You may be asked to supply documentation supporting your claim. Violation of copyright is a sufficient justification for exclusion of the film from participation in the festival.
4. Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee. – There is no limit as to how many films you can submit. However, each film can only be submitted once in one single category. If your film is suiting in more than one category, then please choose the one you find most suiting.
5. There are no premiere requirements. Your film may have screened before.
6. Films that have distribution are still eligible for submission.
7. Films that have been broadcast on television, and/or are available to view in full online, are still eligible for submission.
8. All documentary, animation, fiction films, created by professionals and enthusiasts not earlier than January 1, 2018 are welcome to participate in the contest.
10. Submissions will not be returned. All fees are nonrefundable.
11. Submitting is not a guarantee of being programmed. Our jury screens the films PRIVATELY (meaning: it’s not a public screening!). Only officially selected films we’ll screen at our annual event.
12. No inquiries or arguments will be entertained regarding non selected films. The decision off festival selection committee will be final.
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
Moscow, Minskaya St. 1G, Nivada Cinema
тел. +7 977 673 30 35 (Irina Spirina)
Вы представитель фестиваля?
Редактируйте информацию о фестивале самостоятельноSign up
Short documentaries should be 45 min or less in run time and should relate to topics surrounding food and drink culture both locally and globally.
Food and Drink Music Videos must be 25 minutes or less in length including credits. Public music videos that are currently on youtube or vimeo are eligible.
Any genre and length
Shorts should be 45 min or less in run time and should relate to topics surrounding food and drink.
Feature documentaries should be 45 min+ in run time and should relate to topics surrounding food and drink culture both locally and globally.
Any genre and length
Whole countries and cities, hotels and restaurants, cafes, pizzerias, pubs, tea houses, pastry shops, bakeries, wineries... commercials for creative advertisement.
Features should be 45 min+ in run time and should relate to topics surrounding food and drink culture both locally and globally.
This category is reserved for a single food and drink web series episode that is currently running, or is soon to be released on YouTube, Funny or Die, Vimeo, or another streaming service. Would you like to earn accolades and increase exposure to new fans for your Web Series? Please do not submit more than one episode per submission fee. We will not play a collection of episodes based on the contents of one episode. Each episode is judged individually. The duration of videos must be between six minutes and thirty minutes in length including all credits. (6:00 - 30:00)