The Calabria Movie - International Short Film Festival (CMFF) was born from the idea of creating a meeting point for film fans and authors who want to discuss the importance and changes of the seventh art. The desire is to reunite the authors and representatives of Calabrian cinema in a regional festival to preserve and make known the tipical cinema of the territory, maintaining interest for international cinema.
It is not just a film festival, it is an opportunity to give space to art in general and to create spaces for discussion and comparison.
CMFF has decided to create a special section with films that tell the theme of "Return". There will be a special prize from the Jury for the short film that will tell, describe and explain the theme of "Return" in the best way. The idea was born from the desire to narrate that feeling of migration and continuous search of home that is often protagonist in a difficult territory like the Calabrian and which is linked to classical culture and the western world. For the Greeks, the nòstoi, in fact, are the journeys to return home after a long and tearing experience. But the return can also be the arrival point of a journey within oneself, or the result of unique experiences, an infinite series of vicissitudes capable of marking and transforming the protagonist in the depths of the soul. Starting from the more classic meaning of "Return", it is required to experiment and tell the topic from every possible point of view.
CMFF will announce additional cash prizes after selecting short finalists. The main award and prizes:
BEST SHORT FILM
Trophy + Cash Prize
BEST SHORT FILM "PUNTO DI RITORNO"
BEST SHORT FILM YOUNG JURY "CALABRIA IN SHORT"
• Entry fees are not refundable.
• All short films must have been completed after January 1, 2017.
• All short films must have a running time of 30 minutes or less.
• All genres are accepted.
• There is no Premiere policy.
• Each director may submit a maximum of three short films or music videos (entry fee for each project).
• All short films must be subtitled in English for Festival consideration.
• The final deadline (Extended deadline) is JULY 1, 2021 (23.59 - Local time).
• Entrants must deliver the final format (as indicated in the “Screening requirements” section below) for Festival screenings. No exceptions will be permitted.
• Through FilmFreeway entrants must provide:
1) Pre-selection copy of short film or music video in high resolution.
3) Dialogue list in English.
4) Director’s photo and biography.
5) N°2 pictures in high resolutions.
• If your film is selected for the exhibition, the Festival will require:
1) The official copy of film in high resolution (Apple ProRes; H264; .mov)
2) All foreign (non-Italian) short films selected for the official screening MUST have Italian subtitles.
3) All Italian short films selected for the official screening MUST have English subtitles.
4) Digital Press-kit.
5) Any promotional material.
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
Calabrian Short Films (Director or Production or Calabria as location) with a maximum duration of 30 minutes.
Short films from around the world with a running time of 30 minutes or less where it emerges the theme of "Return": "Young people who leave their homelands in search of their fortune elsewhere, more and more, as well as those who lose themselves. But no matter how many laps you do, what really matters is being able to return home, return to their roots, back from themselves. "
All genres are accepted. Short films from around the world with a running time of 30 minutes or less.