German and Russian Short Films Days.
1st, 2nd & 3d Places. Special Award. Special Jury Award. Special Curator's Award.
Prizes: Brand cups.
– Festival theme - Journey.
– Film must be created in Russia or Germany (original language is insignificant), or in the Russian or the German language (but originated in any country).
– Film must correspond to the topic mentioned above.
– Only works completed after June 1st, 2016 can participate in the contest.
– Time limit – up to 20 minutes (however longer films can be reviewed specifically).
– Film can’t be publicly distributed during the festival.
– The number of films presented by one author is limited to one film a category (fiction, documentary, animation, experimental / videoart).
– Films can be submitted in following formats: AVI, MPEG2, MPG, MP4. DVD-Video format films containing menu are not considered.
– Film must be provided with subtitles: German or English subtitles for films in Russan; Russian or English subtitles for films in any other language (or timecoded sentence-by-sentence translation). Films with multiple dialogue scenes without subtitles or translation can be declined at shortlisting.
– Film can’t violate a copyright.
– Film can’t contain elements of racism, nationalism, religious or any other form of intolerance, provoking violence, breach of law, insulting or abusing, can’s contradict the legislation of the Russian Federation or norms of International law.
– Selection medium: DVD or the Internet.
– The final decision on a film’s participation in the contest is up to the arrangers.
– Participation is free. All the documents shipping expenses are provided by the applicant. Copies of films, sent to the festival, are not sent back or adjusted. Participation in the contest presupposes abiding by the festival protocol and the acceptance of film’s noncommercial usage (film’s public demonstration, inclusion in the materials on the festival, two year long noncommercial distribution as part of the “echo” of the festival).
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
NGO "Open City"
Fiction (under 20 minutes).
Experimental and video art (under 20 minutes).
Documentary (under 20 minutes).
Fiction, Documentary, Animation, Experimental and Video Art among 20 and 45 minutes.
Films under 20 minutes.
Animation (under 20 minutes).