Over the past decades the popularity and influence of the Moscow International Film Festival on the world filmmaking process have grown significantly. During this years prizes were awarded to outstanding masters of world cinema – Akira Kurosawa and Stanley Kramer, Federico Fellini and Ettore Scola, Andrzej Wajda and Francesco Rosi, Krzysztof Zanussi and Damiano Damiani, Gleb Panfilov and Sergei Gerasimov, Bernard Blier and Alexandr Rogozhkin. MIFF has a lot to pride itself on. It paved the way for filmmakers who later became known throughout the world like István Szabó and Kaneto Shindo, Krzysztof Kieslowski and Aki Kaurismäki, Kohei Oguri and Humberto Solás. Undoubtedly many films screened in competition of the 34th MIFF, like “Magnificient Presence”, “The Horde”, documentaries “Searching For Sugarman ”,"Colors of Math", and others became an event in modern cinema. Moscow International Film Festival honoured remarkable representatives of the acting profession. Over the years the prize “I Believe. Konstantin Stanislavsky” for acting achievements was awarded to Jack Nicholson and Jeanne Moreau, Meryl Streep and Harvey Keitel, Fanny Ardant and Daniel Olbrychski, Gérard Depardieu and Isabelle Huppert, Emmanuelle Béart, Helen Mirren and Catherine Deneuve. In 2013 this prize was awarded to the outstanding Russian actress - Ksenia Rappoport. Being awarded last years to such great film masters as Takeshi Kitano, Claude Lelouch, Rezo Chkheidze, Alexey Batalov, Tatyana Samoylova, John Malkovich and Tim Burton.
The program of the Festival will include:
- Main Competition,
- Documentary Competition,
- Short films Competition,
- Non-competition screening,
- Retrospective screening,
- Program of Russian films.
The Grand Jury will award the following prizes - Statuettes of St George:
- Main prize for the Best Film (goes to the producer);
- Special Jury prize (awarded in accordance with the Jury's decision);
- Prize for the Best Director;
- Prize for the Best Actor;
- Prize for the Best Actress.
The Jury of the Documentary Competition will award:
- Prize for the best film
- Prize for the best film of Short Films Competition
The Organizing Committee and Festival General Management of the 35th MIFF award the following prizes:
- Special Prize for an outstanding contribution to the world cinema;
- Special prize «I Believe. K.Stanislavsky» for the outstanding achievement in the career of acting, and devotion to the principles of K.Stanislavsky's school.
The following prizes are also given at the Festival:
- Prize of the International film critics jury (FIPRESCI Jury) for the best film in the Main Competition (goes to the director);
- Prizes of the Russian film critics jury for the best film in the Main Competition (goes to director);
- The Audience Choice Award for the best film in the Main Competition following the audience polls results (goes to the director);
- Prize of the Russian Film Clubs Federation for the best film in the Main Competition (goes to the director).
It is expected that the winners will personally attend the Award Ceremonies.
- The Festival program includes films, which have not been publicly screened on the territory of the Russian Federation (excluding Retrospectives and the Program of Russian films).
- Only full-length feature films produced after May 1, 2022 are accepted for the Competition programs (except Short Films Competition);
- World and International premieres are the preference for the Competition programs;
- Not less than 12 films will participate in the Main Competition of the Moscow International Film Festival;
- Acceptable format for Main Competition is DCP.
- Not less than 7 films will participate in the Documentary Competition of the Moscow International Film Festival;
- Acceptable formats for Documentary Competition are DCP or HDCam. DCP format is the preference;
- Short films produced after May, 1 2022 with the duration of not more than 35 minutes are accepted for the Short Films Competition;
- Acceptable format for Short Films Competition is DCP.
Duly filled in and signed Entry-form for each selected film, confirming the participation should arrive before the final deadline. General management of the MIFF covers all film storage and insurance expenses during the Festival.
The General Management of the MIFF will cover the following expenses:
- a round-trip tickets and up to 4-day hotel accommodation for 1 (one) representative of the films in Main Competition (a director, an actor/actress);
- a round-trip tickets and up to 4-day hotel accommodation for 1 (one) representative of the films in Documentary Competition (a director);
- up to 3-day hotel accommodation for 1 (one) representative of the films in Short Films Competition (a director).
Hospitality terms for other official guests of the Festival shall be indicated in their personal invitations.
Subtitles language: English
World premiere required.
Jury and Organizers
- MIFF PRESIDENT — Nikita MIKHALKOV
- MIFF PROGRAM DIRECTOR — Kirill Razlogov