Cinephone is a short film festival, where the films are filmed only using smartphones,
with an international feel, and free topic, that aims to bring the making of films to a wide range of public with minimum costs.
We are betting on a democratization of film, giving support to the use of smartphones as an alternative way of getting quality ideas and scripts onto the big screen.
The organization will pre-select a maximum of 20 short films finalists on all those submitted within the deadline indicated above, to grant the following prizes:
A jury formed by professionals (outer to the festival organization) values the technical, narrative and originality and they decide the First and Second Jury Award.
Our collaborator Moondog Labs will present the 2 best short films of #Cinephone2019 with 2 packages of their products.
The organization of the festival among the highest rated short films finalists by the jury will decide who to give the following mentions:
1. Cinephone is for filmmakers who make productions exclusively with Smartphone
2. The festival allows short films of all genre of cinema, accepts films of all types of cinema and genre (Drama, humour, sci fi, terror, narrative, experimental, animation, thriller)
3. There is no limitation on the number of films submitted by the same participant
4. The submitted short films must be shot with smartphone and it's very important indicate smartphone brand and model. The use of drones or action cameras is allowed in a maximum of 10% of the total length of the short film.
5. It's allowed to use any software to editing, post-production or treatment of images. It is also allowed during filming to use external elements (microphones, lighting, dollie, etc.)
6. The short films must have a quality no lower than 1080p.
Formats: mov, wmv, avi, mp4 (h264), mkv
7. All persons or private spaces that appear in the short films must do so under their consent. We don't accept short films that containing discriminatory material and/or violate the dignity of persons.
8. The short films must be owned of the author or authors and unpublished earlier in the festival
9. The short films must not exceed 15 minutes, credits included
10. The short films must submitted through the online platform filmfreeway at following link: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/cinephone
11. All non-English foreign-language films must be subtitled in English (and if possible in Spanish) The foreign-language films that are selected as finalists must be subtitled in Spanish.
12. The period for submission of short films is from January 1 to August 5 of current year. The films submitted after this date will not enter at current edition of the festival
13. Participants agree Reproduction and dissemination of their short films with informative or promotional purposes related to the festival. Never ask for the rights of the short film, which at all times will be from the same participant.
14. To participate there is no age limit, but if the filmmakers are under the age of 18 it is mandatory to send an authorization signed by their parents or legal guardians to our email firstname.lastname@example.org
15. The organization will not be responsible for the issues not covered in these rules
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
Jose Luis Martin