Years running: 1 (since 2022)
International Film Festival.
The cultural capital of Russia hosts numerous film festivals every year. Our team has taken into account the features of most film festivals. To present something new, we decided to place our primary focus on independent underknown filmmaking from all over the world. Besides, we realize that the boundaries of cinema have expanded significantly over the past two decades due to the digital "revolution.” Nowadays, one can shoot films with a smartphone, without using special equipment or being a professional filmmaker. Therefore, the cinema has become far more expressive and entered a new era of its development, uncovering all shades of life, all colours of culture and subcultures. We believe that the programme of St. Petersburg film festival Akrobat gives a free hand to any way of artistic expression
- Filmmakers of any nationality can participate in the international film festival “Akrobat.”
- Films of any subject, genre, and form can be submitted. The organizers will equally evaluate all submitted works (animation, fiction, documentary, experimental, amateur).
- Short films and video pieces must be maximum of 20 minutes in length.
- To enter contest sections, a film or a video clip must be completed by January 1, 2019.
- Films that are at the final stage of editing can also be accepted for consideration. In this case, one needs to contact the festival organizers.
- Films in any language can be submitted.
Films registered for selection must be submitted in Russian, English, or German or in their original language with Russian, English, or German subtitles. If a film is selected for screening at the festival, the entrant will be required to submit a version of the film with Russian subtitles in case the film contains dialogues in a language other than Russian.
- Films in English or German can be combined into a foreign language film programme for those who wish to improve their English or German.
- Technical specifications for selection screeners: Mov/Mp4, Codec: H.264 - Resolution: 2K, 1080p, 720p
- Short films can be registered from January 1, 2022, till June 1, 2022.
- For deadlines starting from February 1, 2022, entry fees will be charged. During the pre-selection screening, the entrants will be contacted via e-mail. The online films submitted for pre-selection will be available only for festival staff, co-authors, and organizers. All received documentation will become part of the festival archive. Each author or group of authors may submit more than one video. The consent to participate in the festival does not suggest any economic costs on the part of organizers.
- All accepted short films will participate in the programme section they were applied for.
- The awards will be granted to the winners (or the person designed by the entrant/participant) at the ceremony. The statuette cannot be mailed; we can only send the award certificate by post. The decision of the organizers and the jury is not subject to appeal. One video can win several awards.
- The author, applicant, or owner of the film retains their intellectual property rights. The author is responsible for the fact that the films presented do not violate the copyrights of third parties. All accepted films grant the festival organizers permission to utilize parts of the films in clips, trailers, and images for the festival promotional content and publish it on the Internet, always complying with copyright law.
- Sending an entrant application implies the acceptance of the above rules. Any issue not described in the rules is decided by the Akrobat festival organizers.
- Festival organizers reserve the right to change these rules with prior notification.
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
Head of the IFF Akrobat - filmdirector Max Artemiev
Any kind of genres: animated, documental, experimental, mobile phones films