Years running: 3 (since 2020)
International Comedy Film Festival.
Greek mythology Gelos is the divine personification of laughter, the most welcome of the gods, always owes its success to some novel subterfuge. This deity favourably and affectionately accompany everywhere the person who arouses and enacts his laughter, and he will never allow you to grieve in mind, but will implant continual joy on your countenance with his sunny elegance.
Gelos Comedy Film Festival is a brand new festival. We hope you will join us in a days full of fun and endless laughs! We will highlight comedy short and feature films, web series, TV episodic, filmed sketch comedy, Dark Comedy, music video and animation with the goal of screening the best comedic content from around the world for a wide audience! Our dual emphasis is on “discovering” great comedic talent with the purpose of promoting it to both the entertainment industry and the Moscow public, as well as, showcasing the works of seasoned professionals and well-known stars. We are proud to showcase, connect and promote talented comedy filmmakers from all over the world.
1. All Films must be in the genre of COMEDY. If there is no hummor (not even 1 second), the films will not be taken into consideration.
2. All entries must be in English (official language of festival) or — SUBTITLED, DUBBED, regardless of the country of production, unless special arrangements have been made with festival.
3. We accept films only from authors or their authorized representatives who have the written permission from the author. All video, soundtrack, texts and music used in the film should not violate the copyright law. You may be asked to supply documentation supporting your claim. Violation of copyright is a sufficient justification for exclusion of the film from participation in the festival.
4. All films selected for screening grant Gelos Comedy Film Festival the right to use stills and excerpts of up to two minutes for promotional purposes. By sending your film to participate in our festival, you agree that your trailer will be uploaded to our website and our pages in social networks, as well as will be shown live on TV channels of partners of the Festival as a part of the festival exhibition.
5. Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee. – There is no limit as to how many films you can submit. However, each film can only be submitted once in one single category. If your film is suiting in more than one category, then please choose the one you find most suiting.
6. There are no premiere requirements. Your film may have screened before.
7. Films that have distribution are still eligible for submission.
8. Films that have been broadcast on television, and/or are available to view in full online, are still eligible for submission.
9. All documentary, animation, fiction films, created by professionals and enthusiasts not earlier than January 1, 2012 are welcome to participate in the contest.
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
123317 Moscow, Krasnogvardeysky bul. 1
Tel. +7916-975-5923 (Irina Spirina)
Вы представитель фестиваля?
Редактируйте информацию о фестивале самостоятельноSign up
This category is reserved for films that are on the darker side of the comedy genre. Dark comedy films can make you laugh and cringe at the same time. From 30 to 180 minutes.
Short Comedies with a maximum runtime of 30 minutes.
This category is reserved for funny cartoons, 2D animation, 3D animation, clay animation, sand animation, Anime, Computer Graphics, Puppetry Animation, Stop-Motion, Flip Book Animation, Experimental Animation and any form of animated films that may exist. The duration of videos submitted to the Animated Comedy Film category must be between 1 and 20 minutes in length including all credits.
This category is reserved for a single comedy web series episode that is currently running, or is soon to be released on YouTube, Funny or Die, Vimeo, or another streaming service. Would you like to earn accolades and increase exposure to new fans for your Comedy Web Series? Please do not submit more than one episode per submission fee. The duration of videos must be between 5 minutes and 30 minutes in length including all credits.
This category is reserved for music videos that are meant to make the audience laugh. Do you have a funny concept, lyrics and story for your music video? Have you completed a fun parody of a popular song, film or person? If your music video is publicly available on Vimeo, Vevo or YouTube, your submission is qualified for entry. Official selections, nominations or awards on the Gelos Comedy Film Festival may help your video get exposure.
Commercials are typically the bits you skip when watching TV. There is one exception to this: When those commercials are fake.
Student comedy short films 30 minutes or less. Must be a student production.
The stranger the better. Imagination and originality are the key. Films must be between 2 minutes and 10 minutes in length.
Any genre and length
Mockumentary (or documentcomedy) genre films: fictional films that follow the conventions of a documentary with an element of comedy, irony or sarcasm.
Dark Comedy Short films 30 minutes max runtime.
Comedy genre films ranging from 30 to 180 minutes.
To qualify for this category your video must have been shot on a mobile device. We take all kinds of New Media and Video Skits. Your videos could be published or unpublished via YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook ETC.
Any genre and length