A popular festival, well regarded for its pleasant atmosphere. An increasing number of independent producers and directors make important contacts here. A convivial meeting point for Spanish and Latin American distributors in the field of "author films". Some distributors plan their theatrical release until after the festival in order to use the excellent press coverage. Concentrating on Latin American and Spanish films the festival has become one of the most important events of Spain, after San Sebastián.
- OFFICIAL, offering a panorama of current international cinema. The feature-lengths and shorts in this section may participate either in or out of competition;
- MEETING POINT, a competitive parallel showcase of first and second fiction films worthy of special attention for their subject matter or style. Short films are also programmed;
- TIME OF HISTORY, a competitive section for documentaries;
- DOC. SPAIN, a competitive section for Spanish documentaries;
- SHORTS FROM CASTILLE & LEON, a competitive section for shorts either made in the region or made by directors who were born there;
- FEATURES FROM CASTILLE & LEON, a non-competitive showcase of fiction feature-lengths or documentaries either made in the region or by directors born there;
- SIDEBARS, devoted to the presentation and analysis of directors, genres, styles, a nation's cinema, cinema schools, etc;
- SEMINCI JOVEN, a competitive section of films for a teenage public (12 to 18 year-olds). A Prize is awarded according to the votes of these young spectators;
- MINIMINCI, a non-competitive showcase of films for 7 to 12 year-olds.
- Golden Spike and Silver Spike: €75 000 and €25 000 respectively, for the Spanish distributors of these films;
- "Pilar Miró" Prize To The Best New Director, Competing With A First Or Second Feature-Length For The Cinema. The Filmmaker Receives A Cash Award Of 10 000 €;
- Best Director Award. The filmmaker receives a cash award of 6000 €
- Best Actress And Best Actor Awards
- Best Director Of Photography Award
- 'Miguel Delibes' Award For Best Script
- Golden Spike And Silver Spike With Cash Awards Of 6000 € And 3000 €, Respectively, For The Director Of Each Film;
- "Efa Short Film Nominee Valladolid" Award. The Director Of The Best European Short Will Receive 2000 €, And The Film Is Automatically Nominated As One Of The Finalists For The European Film Academy Short Film Award.
Mitting point section:
- Best feature, Cash Awards Of 15000 €;
- Best foreign shorts, Cash Awards Of 3000 €.
- A Night of Spanish Shorts winner, Cash Award of 3000 €
- SEMINCI Joven Award, Cash Award of 6.000 €
Time of history:
- Best documentary, Cash Awards Of 20 000 €;
- Second prize, Cash Awards Of 10 000 €.
- Best Documentary Award 6000 €
All films entered for the OFFICIAL, MEETING POINT, TIME OF HISTORY and DOC. SPAIN sections must comply with the following conditions:
- must be no more than twelve months old by October 2018 and must be Spanish premieres (no previous commercial, online, DVD, video or TV screening in Spain)
- must not have been screened at any other film festival in Spain, neither in nor out of competition, nor have been presented in any kind of event.
- Films submitted may be feature-lengths (over 60 minutes) or shorts (under 30 minutes).
Documents and Other Requisite Items
- Fill out entry form,
- Send DVD of the submitted film by mail or secure link with password
All transportation costs incurred in sending the print to and from Spain must be borne by the entity or individual(s) registering it for participation.
The Festival insurance policy covers fire, theft, damage and destruction of the print for the period spanning its arrival until its return.
Screening Media Type: DCP (preferably), 35mm (standard)
Audio language: original
Subtitles language: Spanish or English
National premiere required.
Jury and Organizers
Director — Mr. Javier Angulo