ECG Film Festival (Eurasian Creative Guild Film Festival) is a platform for the development of cinema of the Eurasian region. The aim of the festival is to promote Eurasian cinema in the English-speaking space and to acquaint Eurasian representatives of the film industry with professionals from all over the world. To acquaint the world with the works that personify the connection of the Eurasian countries and peoples. Show opportunities for collaboration, joint development and growth.
Despite its infancy, The ECG Eurasian Film Festival 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 gathered over 350 films from 24 different countries! Every year during the five days of the film festival, more than 1,500 people visit and were shown films from diverse locations such as Kazakhstan, Russia, Italy, Finland, USA, Belarus, Sweden, Germany, Iran, Georgia, Armenia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Canada and the UK.
In 2023, the ECG Film Festival will be held in London as part of the British Romford Film Festival!
Romford Film Festival is a stable, well-established festival that is attended by a large number of experts and residents of London, this association is the surest solution for attracting the maximum amount of attention of the press, viewers and experts to the Eurasian cinema.
The festival will feature such works as feature films, short films, animated films, documentaries, book trailers, screenplays, mobile video and music clips.
For many years, the Eurasian Creative Guild has supported and promoted filmmakers as part of Open Eurasia contest. Where the “video film” category has been awarded the Nemat Kelimbetov Prize for the best film based on literary works. Now the time has come for a standout film festival promoting the Eurasia film industry, exemplify their talents and their works throughout the world!
-The ECG Film Festival accepts films from all over the world irrespective of length or genre, provided that the participant is a member of the Eurasian Creative Guild. This includes, but is not limited to: fiction, documentary and short films
-Feature submissions must not have previously been released in the UK on any format.
- All films in a language other than English must be subtitled or submitted with a script translated into English. ALWAYS CHECK THE QUALITY OF THE SUBTITLES. (The film can be withdrawn from the festival if the subtitles are incorrect or missed).
- Exploitation or pornographic films will not be accepted.
- The submitter has personal responsibility for the copyrights for the film screening
- A fine of £1,000 could be imposed if a film was withdrawn from the festival after its official announcement and inclusion in the film festival program.
- For screening, all films should be sent to the organizers of the film festival ONLY in DCP format one month before the official screening
- The Organizing Committee of the Film Festival does not pay fees for downloading / screening films
- Preparation for obtaining an English visa to attend the film festival should begin no later than 3 months before the official dates of the film festival
Films entered for selection must be submitted on-line only. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLINE LINKS (OTHER THAN THE FilmFreeway ONLINE SCREENING PLATFORM) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
National premiere required.
Jury and Organizers
Marat (Mark) Akhmedjanov
Music Video up to 4 min length
Feature-Length Documentary Films with a minimum length of 50 minutes.
Mobile Films to a maximum 49 minutes in length, including fictional narrative, documentary, and experimental or any crossover of the above.
Dramatic Screenplays of 20 pages and over on English language will be accepted.
Feature Films minimum length of 50 minutes including fictional narrative and experimental or any crossover.
Animated films from 2 min length and have to be made after 2013
Book trailer up to 2 min length, for any book ever written, has to be made after 2013
Short Films to a maximum 49 minutes in length, including fictional narrative, documentary, and experimental or any crossover of the above.
Dramatic Screenplays of 20 pages and over on Russian language will be accepted.