We are a collective of mental health professionals, content creators and curators coming together to form a Non-Profit Organisation focused on improving access to Mental Health Services in Trinidad and Tobago. MINDWISE expands public awareness and community empowerment by compiling health/wellness resources, staging solidarity events and supporting the access to Caribbean centred research.
We host events that leverage the power of film and animation to educate, inspire and connect people.
Caribbean and international content is welcomed. We are looking for short and feature-length films/animations, experimental, narrative and documentary works inclusive of interactive multimedia and films made on smartphones.
Submission is FREE.
Selected films and animations will serve as catalysts for awareness, empathy, solitary and critical discussion at MINDWISE 2018 events. The content should responsibly explore the complexity of mental disorders, fictional and personal/non-personal lived experiences are eligible for selection. Examples of relevant subject matter include, but is not limited to, the topics of suicide; PTSD; depression; ADD; access to support and treatment; stigma and discrimination; policy and implementation.
HOW WILL THE FILMS BE USED?
- Films will be screened at 2018 events MINDWISE hosts in Trinidad and Tobago
- Films will be eligible for streaming on www.mindewisett.org for a period to be negotiated with filmmakers and rights holders.
- There is no entry fee or registration fee.
- Only digital submissions via online file transfer accepted.
- Any film made for cinema, television or the Internet may be entered.
- Screening takes place in Trinidad and Tobago.
- The official language is English. Submit with English subtitles where necessary.
- Enter synopsis in original language and English.
- Only works completed within 10 years of submission date will be accepted.
- Submit in format: .mov or mp4 | codec: H264 or ProRES 422 | aspect: 16:9 or 16:10 (If produced for TV 4:3 is acceptable) | resolution: 1280 x 800 or 1920 x 1080 | NTSC preferred but PAL is accepted.
- Maximum size for short film submission is 1GB. Feature length and other media will be resolved if selected.
- Name file in the format: <film title> by <lead content creator or director> (For example: WISE by Francis Owunna and Takeshi Sho or A new way by Southern Arts Collective)
- The contact person specified on submission will be emailed if selected.
- MINDWISE reserves the right to determine the eligibility of the submissions to be screened, the appropriate venues and time slots, and to use excerpts from for publicity purposes.
- All submitted media must have applicable clearances; MINDWISE will not be held liable for oversights or negligence. Films must not have matters, legal or other, that prohibit screening in Trinidad and Tobago.
- By submitting an entry form to MINDWISE you accept without reservation, the terms and regulations. By the same token, entrants declare that they are the owners of copyright, exhibition and distribution rights for submitted work.
- Please note that all accepted submitters are invited to the screening. However, MINDWISE cannot offer funding at this time, but would be grateful for the efforts of those who are able to attend.
- Entries are submitted via internet links such as Vimeo, Youtube and Dailymotion. The link and password must be valid and active at the time of submission and until the end of the festival.
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
Arnaldo James — Art Director