Years running: 1 (since 2020)
Festival of short movies captured on smartphone.
MBff: Mobile Blockbuster film festival is the 1st in Kazakhstan festival of movies captured on smartphone. This year the Festival is being held in online-format.
In uncertain conditions after quarantine and closed borders the organisers give people a chance to find self-fulfillment and learn. Learning will give people useful information from speakers who are professionals in the questions of working in online.
The mission of Mobile Blockbuster film festival is to direct people's energy into positive growth & development. The Festival & its educational part will also help the audience adapt in online.
Best movie winner will be awarded by main prize - 500$ (gross).
Winners in each category will be awarded by prizes from the partners of the Festival as well as statuette and diploma.
01. Participants should be persons over 18 years of age. That is all we ask. We do not want to limit participants by their income, disability, race, ethnicity, gender or anything else.
02. Topic of movies: ‘Time Machine’.
The plot, genre and form of expression within the participation are not limited.
03. Applications submission period: August 15 - October 15, 2020 till 23:59 (inclusive).
04. Participation in the Festival is free of charge.
05. The videos which contain open propaganda of violence, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, pornographic, religious, extremist videos, as well as contrary to general human norms and principles WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
06. Videos can only be recorded (!) on a smartphone or tablet in Full HD format. Maximum 10% of the total duration can be shot by drones or action camera. Any other production equipment is allowed, such as: lights, cranes, trolleys, etc.
07. Videos must be cinematic in nature. Good quality and high resolution 1080p, and look good on the big screen. Allowed formats: mp4 (h264), mov, mkv, wmv, avi.
08. Participant can send one or several videos by filling out a new registration form for each of them, which will be considered as a separate entry.
09. Application form (indicated by the list in the body of the letter):
● Name of the author or team name
● Country & city of living of the author
● Name of participants (actor, operator, etc.)
● Contact information of the author: phone, email, link to social network (Facebook, Instagram)
● Movie title
● Movie category
● Brand of the mobile phone on which the shooting was conducted
10. The video should be uploaded to the file hosting service. After that the link should be sent to the following e-mail: MBfilmfest.firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Authors may use post-production software for visual or sound effects.
12. Videos can be of different types.
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
Several times participant of international festivals of mobile movies, screenwriter, film director
Specialist in integrated marketing communications of international level, business trainer, МВА
video’s duration 3-12 minutes
video’s duration 1-3 minutes
video's duration up to 1 minute
stop-motion animation - cartoon