Festival’s main idea is to make the public aware of private, social, human, ecological and moral problems of young people.
The festival welcomes youth cinema, TV, Media clubs and studios, individual amateur film makers form Hanseatic cities and towns.
Winners will be announced, diplomas, certificates and prizes awarded during the Festival finale. Every participant will get a Certificate of Participation.
All the nominations are divided into two groups:
- «Cinema lovers» - the category for beginning filmmakers.
- «The Best film for youth» — First, Second and Third place Diplomas will be given out to three best works.
- «The Cinema is Life» is the category for those advanced and professionals.
- «The Best film for youth» — First, Second and Third place Diplomas will be given out to the directors of the three best works;
- «Most topical story» - the award will be given to the scriptwriter of the film;
- «Best actor»
- «Actress in the leading part»
- «Best Camerawork»;
- «Best Edit»;
- «Best Sound».
- Fill in form and send email marked «Cinemania».
- The author can present only one work.
- The work should be on the subject of «On the waves of Youth», i.e. reflect problems among young people and possible ways of solving them, difficult life situations of young individuals. It is within the limited time that each work should reflect some issue in the format of parable, cautionary tale, illustrating a moral attitude. The film can come from either a true - life or fictionally based story, reflecting a burning question for the young and, supposedly, answer it. The works should be life-affirming, calling for creativity, partnership, wish to change one’s outlook and lifestyles for positive actions. The work should morally uplift and inspire the viewing public, popularize patriotic ideas, cultural and historical heritage of participants’ countries, community service, volunteering and charity, to change social values to kindness and tolerance.
- Short films with a running time not longer than 15 minutes.
- The work is to have captions informing of the name of the film, first and last names of the director, camera man, actors, film editor, composer and other participants of the project. When using any off side sound clips, it is necessary to name the authors of the music and lyrics.
- Resolution: *.mp4.
- Standard: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264.
- Video resolution: minimally 1920*1080 (Full HD, 1080p).
- Video bitreit: over 5000 kbps.
- Diagonal aspect ratio: 16:9 (4:3 permitted).
- Sound mp3, AAC, mpeg-1, 256 kbps.
Subtitle language: Russian (for foreign films).
Selection Media Type: electronic format (DVD-R, Flash) or as a reference link to the virtual drive.
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
The Festival is organized by the Municipal Budget Establishment «Pskov City Youth Center».
The jury consists of well-known Russian film actors, teachers of leading Russian universities in the field of cinematography.