Aims and Tasks:
- To facilitate free and equal dialogue between directors working within the diverse fields of modern cinema;
- To acquaint Russian audiences with the best of world cinema, in particular those receiving plaudits at the largest international film festivals, and esteem from film media and other groups;
- Representation of the most significant works of the masters of Russian cinema;
- To educate younger generations by both advocating a creative mentality and by demonstrating the consequences of the influence of street life, alcohol and drugs;
- The formation of the 21st century film-audience.
The Film Festival is divided into categories:
- ”Festival of Festivals” – The screening of the best films from other international Film Festivals;
- ”NEW RUSSIAN CINEMA” - The screening of Russian films produced during the year 2012-2014;
- "SHORT FILMS" - The films of young directors from around the world;
- "SPECIAL SCREENINGS";
- GRAND PRIX – the Golden Gryphon of Film, to the film rated highest by guests and participants;
- Silver Gryphon – film rated highest by audience;
- Bronze Gryphon – for the best experimental and new technology film;
- Prize of Creative Support named after Nikolay Ovsyannikov – for the best debut;
- Prize of the City of Saint-Petersburg – For creative contributions regarding world cinema and the vigorous activity in the field of international and cultural cooperation.
- Prize of the Board – for the best film program;
- Prize for “Talent and National Recognition” – for actors, actresses and directors;
- The winners of the prizes are determined by spectator voting and a jury.
Films made in 35 mm inclusive optical phonograms may participate. Video cassettes are also accepted. The phonograms may be submitted in original or with English, French or German subtitles.
Submission of a film must be Made on the official Festival Entry Form, duly completed. Send the entry form with:
- a short synopsis;
- a Dialogue List and complete cast and credits;
- a filmography and a short biography of the director;
- Digital pictures in colour or black and white with a size larger than 300х400 Pix (3-4 pieces);
- DVD with the film.
Together with the copy you must send:
- Dialogue List and complete cast and credits;
- Press material;
- Posters (5-10 pieces), if posters are not available, please send pictures in colour or in black and white in A4 format (5-10 pieces).
The festival guarantees safekeeping of films from the moment that they are received until the moment that they are sent back, within a month after the termination of the festival.
Selection Media Type: DVD
Screening Media Type: DVD, 35 мм, Beta SP, VHS
Audio language: original
Subtitles language: english, french or german
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
General Director «Festival of Festivals» - Alexander Mamontov.
- The Ministry of Culture of Russia,
- The Federal Agency for Culture and Cinematography of Russia,
- The Committee for Culture of St. Petersburg,
- “Lenfilm” Feature Film Studios,
- The Regional Social Organization International Film Festival in Saint-Petersburg “Festival of Festivals”.