Apricot Tree Ujan International Film Festival or simply Ujan IFF takes place annually in September in the Armenian village of Ujan. It is as much a celebration of documentary films of all genres (ethnographic, experimental, animated etc.), as it is a platform where filmmakers from around the world can meet and discuss ideas in a friendly atmosphere, all while living in the houses of the friendly villagers, getting an opportunity to experience Armenian culture up close.
To this end, Apricot Tree is devoid of red carpets and grandiose ceremonies. Instead, the festival is mainly held in the village of Ujan, just 40 minutes away from Yerevan, where participants are accommodated in the houses of the villagers. Apricot Tree aims at creating a cozy friendly environment where participants can bond with one another and the audience and the people of Ujan, gain new knowledge about the world by watching each other's films and not least of all – have fun.
Through various excursions to museums and landmarks participants of the festival are given the opportunity to get acquainted with Armenian culture and history. They are invited to hike, explore and share bread with the hospitable people of Ujan.
Apricot Tree has two competition programs – Feature-length (above 45 minutes) and Short (under 45 minutes).
The festival also has a Out of Competition program that includes retrospectives and screenings of notable films that are relevant to the festival’s theme.
Ujan IFF is the initiative of the FILMADARAN Film Culture Development Organization.
The jury, operating on a democratic basis with equal votes for everyone, hands out awards in the following categories:
Also, Special prizes are presented by the Ujan Community Council and Filmadaran Film Culture Development NGO.
- Documentary films of all kinds can apply.
- Deadline for applications is April 20, 2020.
- All films must have English subtitles or English dialog lists for festival consideration and presentation.
- By submitting a film, copyright holders automatically agree that clips from their films can be used by the festival for promotional purposes.
- Online screeners are highly preferable. If an online screener is unavailable, DVDs must be sent by regular mail to the following address: RA, Yerevan 0052, 30 Aghasi Str. (please, do not use any courier service while sending your DVDs, unless asked).
- If selected, the participant will be asked to provide the festival with a MP4 H.264 codec file of the film for screening purposes and a .srt or .ass file for translation and subtitling.
- The festival does not cover travel expenses, however it does provide free accommodation and meals in Ujan and transportation during the festival.
- We’re always delighted to watch your films, so if you agree with all of the above, then don’t even think about hesitating – apply! Good luck!
In case of any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
No premiere requirement
Jury and Organizers
Filmadaran Film Culture Development NGO
APRICOT TREE FILM FESTIVAL
30 Aghasi Str.,
Yerevan, Armenia 0052
Вы представитель фестиваля?
Редактируйте информацию о фестивале самостоятельноSign up